WHY DIVE & SNORKEL WITH THE SILVER SERIES?
Why Silver Series – The Top Ten!
1. Custom-designed for comfort
Silverswift and Silversonic are modern and luxurious, spacious 29 metre high speed catamarans, custom-designed for you get the best out of your Great Barrier Reef experience.
- The only dive and snorkel vessels in Cairns and Port Douglas equipped with computerised ride control systems to help provide the smoothest journey.
- Expansive sundecks, air conditioned lounge areas and a licensed bar.
2. Visit 3 reef sites in one day
If this is your only trip to the reef, you will be enjoying three different environments in the one day enabling three different types of dive and snorkel experiences.
3. The Best Reef Sites!
Our unique roaming (with many exclusive) permits enable the vessels’ skippers to select the 3 best Outer Reef sites for the conditions, water clarity and marine life available to the passengers on their day of travel. And with the highest Ecotourism Accreditation, we are committed to ensuring the Great Barrier Reef stays great!
- Silverswift: Choice of 16 “Southern” reef sites at Pellowe, Flynn, Milln and Thetford reefs.
- Silversonic: Choice of 22 “Northern” reef sites at the Agincourt ribbon reefs, the most northern outer edge dive destinations reached by a day operator.
4. Five hours of actual reef time
Travelling at up to 32 knots, we spend less time getting there which means more time at the reef for you.
5. Dedicated Dive and Snorkel vessels
Silversonic and Silverswift’s spacious design and smooth operation format allows for both snorkellers and divers to interact without either activity interrupting the other.
- Hydraulic platforms allow for easy water access.
- The latest dive and snorkel equipment.
- Change rooms and hot freshwater showers - great to wash off your salty adventure before the homeward journey.
6. Highly trained professional staff
Our friendly onboard crew are trained professionals - and passionate about the Great Barrier Reef! Our divers know our reef sites like no other. With excellent safety standards, personal service and many multi-lingual staff, you can take the plunge in complete confidence!
7. All dives guided by the professional staff
All dives are fully guided by our expert dive crew who have intimate local knowledge of our reef systems to ensure your experience is maximised.
8. Guided snorkelling tour included
A trained marine interpreter provides an informative coral and marine life brief before conducting an interactive expedition over shallow reef formations.
9. Small boat numbers.
Even though Silversonic and Silverswift are surveyed for over 130 passengers, passenger numbers are limited to a maximum of 85 to ensure a comfortable and personalised day. A passenger/staff ratio of at least 1 staff member to every 8 passengers means you will be catered for in every way.
10. Five Star Food for hungry adventurers!
Upon boarding, a gourmet breakfast including focaccias, muffins and cakes awaits in the saloon to ensure you have all the energy needed to get you through until lunch. Lunch is a delicious hot and cold buffet including king prawns, seasonal hot dishes, fresh garden and pasta salads and warming soups in the cooler months.